• Suit quality is vital in both long suits
• 5+-5+ shape is recommended (not less)
• Two–suited hands will declare better than they will defend (so bid!)
• Weak two-suited hands may be shown in one bid using Michaels
• Partner will prefer one suit, and usually play a partscore (may not have a big fit for you)
• Partner will jump preemptively with trump length in one of your suits
• Not many points are needed for sacrificing with two-suited hands
• More points are needed when vulnerable
Below is a video from an earlier lesson if you’d like to revise Two-Suited Overcalls.
Test your knowledge
The quiz below may not work properly on some mobile devices. If you are having trouble using it, please click here to open the quiz in its own window.