Here are the solutions for some common problems you may experience when trying to access the Online School of Bridge or play lessons online.
If you cannot fix the problem, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
+ I can't log in!
The first thing to check is that you are trying to log in using your email address, not your username. The second thing to check is that you are entering the correct password. Your password must be at least 8 characters long.
+ I've forgotten my password!
If you forget your password you can reset it at any time. Our system will not allow us to view or manually reset a password for you. Instead you need to follow this process:
Click on the Forgot Password link on the sign in pop-up to reset your password.
You will be prompted to enter your email address. Then an email will be sent to you with a link to update your password. If you can't find this email, be sure to check your junk email folder.
Click on the link in the email and create a new password. This password must be at least 8 characters long.
The reset email links expire after a short amount of time for security purposes. If you get distracted and don’t complete the process and the link expires, simply click on the reset password link again to receive a new email link.
+ I've forgotten my email address!
If you have forgotten which email address you have registered with, you can simply click on the Forgot email? link. You will be asked to provide some details and we can try to manually look you up. As this is not an automated process there may be a delay in locating your account.
+ The game won't load properly!
This could be a number of things - so here is our lengthy, but usually successful troubleshooting tips.
- First try reloading the page. It can take a few seconds for the game screen to connect with your account and this may take longer if your internet connection is very slow or patchy.
- The third thing to check is that your browser isn’t in private or incognito mode. This mode doesn’t allow cookies, and we need cookies for our website to work.
- Check that your virus protection/firewall is not blocking the website.
- If your cookies are fully enabled and the site doesn’t work, the next thing to check is that your software is up to date.
- If you haven’t turned your computer/device off and on again recently, try turning it completely off, leaving it for 10 seconds and then turning it on again. It’s amazing how many problems this can fix.
- If this doesn’t work, you may want to try turning your modem off and back on again. This may fix internet connection problems that can stop you from playing games.
+ I have to keep logging in all the time
The game system is designed to remember your details and keep you logged in. If you are constantly being prompted to log in, there are two things you need to check.
- Your browser may be in private or incognito mode. This mode will not remember your log in details so you will need to switch back to regular mode.
- The game requires cookies to be enabled to work. If they are switched off the game your log in details may not be remembered.
- You have Ad Blocker or other software that blocks Cookies. You need to save joanbuttsbridge.com as a trusted website.
+ I keep being prompted to log in on my iPad or iPhone
The default settings loaded when you update your iPad may force you to constantly log in. To fix this problem...
- The first thing to check is that your are not trying to access the website in private mode. To check that, open up Safari on your iPad or iPhone and then tap on the pages icon (the two overlapping squares in the top right-hand corner). If the word Private is highlighted with a white box, you are in private browsing mode. This means the browser will not save your log in details. Simply tap on the word Private to switch back to ordinary mode. You will notice the white box around the word private will disappear and a new set of pages will open - this means you are in ordinary mode.
- Once you are sure you’re in normal mode, the next thing to check is cookies are enabled. Go to the Settings app, find and tap on Safari. In the right-hand menu that will appear, find the Privacy & Security section and make sure the tab for Block All Cookies is turned off. You need to allow cookies in order for the website to function properly and remember your log in details.
+ The game won't load on my iPad or iPhone
- Go to the Settings app, find and tap on Safari. In the right-hand menu that will appear, find the Privacy & Security section and make sure the tab for Block All Cookies is turned off.
If these settings are enabled and the game still won't load, you should make sure your Software Updates are up to date. You could also try turning your iPad off (completely not just putting it to sleep) and turning it back on again. This will clear out your devices memory - and make your iPad run better.
+ How to enable cookies
On an iPad or iPhone
- Go to Settings
- Find Safari in the left hand menu and tap it to open
- Scroll down to the Privacy & Security section
- Find Block Cookies and change the setting to Allow from Websites I Visit
On an Android Device
- Open the Browser.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Privacy & security.
- Or, go to Menu > More > Settings and find "Privacy settings."
- Make sure Accept Cookies is checked or switched on.
On a Samsung Galaxy Device
- Go to your internet browser. It may be on the home screen, or you may need to tap Apps first to locate it.
- Tap Internet
- Tap More (located in the top right-hand corner)
- Tap Settings in the drop down menu
- Tap Privacy
- Use the slider to turn accept cookies on
Alternatively, if you use Chrome as your browser on a Samsung Galaxy:
- Go to Chrome and Tap Chrome
- Tap the menu (the three dots in the top right-hand corner)
- Tap Settings (You may need to scroll down a little)
- Tap Site Settings (Again, you may need to scroll down a little)
- Tap Cookies
- Open the Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the More actions button on the toolbar, and select Settings.
- Search for View advanced settings and click on it.
- Under Cookies section, select Don't block cookies (default)
- Restart Edge.
- Go to the Tools menu (gear icon)
- Select Internet Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Click Sites button
- Enter your site's address
- Click Allow, click OK, and click OK again
- Click Tools on the toolbar or the menu icon
- Select Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Under History, select Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Check the Accept Cookies from sites check box then click Exceptions
- Enter your site's address
- Click Allow, click Close, and click OK
- Click the Customise and control icon in the top right
- Select Settings
- Select Show advanced settings
- Under Privacy, click on Content settings
- Under Cookies, click on Manage exceptions
- Enter your site's address and select Allow
- Click Done
- Select the Safari drop down
- Select Preferences
- Go to the Privacy tab
- Select Never Block cookies
- Close the window
+ Can't find an answer?
We're happy to help. Send us an email and we'll be in touch:
Shop Questions email@example.com
For Website Support firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridge Questions email@example.com